Story To College teaches students tools to advocate for themselves in college admissions, job search, and life in the twenty-first century. We are committed to every student’s voice being heard by keeping courses affordable, providing scholarships, and sharing resources that empower students to take control of the college admissions process. Students come first in all of our decisions.
Story To College believes that the whole we create is greater than the sum of our individual parts. We collaborate with our students, instructors, parents, and schools to create programs that reflect their diverse insights and needs.
Story To College empowers students to write authentically in their own voice. We never write or edit essays for our students. We teach students skills they can use for the rest of their lives to find, shape, and perform their stories out loud and in writing.
Story To College creates a safe space. Whether students are members of our community in the classroom or online, we are committed to fostering a supportive environment where all students can access their own stories and share their unique perspectives. Our students help each other in the common goal of getting into their top choice college or university.
Story To College sets high expectations for our students, instructors, and our organization as a whole. We are passionate about teaching, but also about continuously learning. We are committed to exemplifying respect, honesty, and clear communication in all of our actions and words.
Commitments to Schools
In our collaborations with schools we are committed to:
- Empower students to manage their application responsibilities by providing structure and benchmarks;
- Teach students a process they can use to improve writing confidence, fluency, and ability to connect with various audiences across a range of subjects;
- Provide students with best-in-class resources to support them in all aspects of the admissions process;
- Meet with parent associations and other groups to address parents’ questions about the application process;
- Collaborate with teachers to extend and support the work already being done in schools;
- Supply schools with free informational materials about courses and other resources and pay distribution costs;
- Complete reports that document student and course outcomes and scholarships provided; and
- Work together with school on group rates to ensure accessibility of Story To College programs for all students.